Papadum is a crisp, delicious Indian flatbread / cracker / wafer that could not be easier to make. Papadums (or Poppadums, Poppadoms, Papads, Happalas or Appalams) are the perfect way to serve our mango chutney recipe.
– 8 cups Lentil Flour
– 1 tsp Black Pepper
– 1 tsp Cumin
– 1/2 tsp Salt
– 1/4 cup Water
1. Mix together the flour, cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Add half of the water and knead the dough.
3. Continue adding water if needed until the dough comes together.
4. Make 15 balls out of the dough and roll out each ball until it is very thin and round.
5. Cook the papadum for an hour at 200 degrees F.
6. Fry the papadum in a pan of oil until they are crispy and crunchy.
7. Sprinkle with salt or pepper to taste.
Mango Chutney is a delicious Indian sauce that is a jam / preserve consistency and amazing with naan bread, papadums or as a sauce or side for any Indian recipe. This recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and salty, and a Mango Chutney recipe has never been easier!