Potato Pakoras and Vegetable Pakoras are a delicious, crispy, battered and fried Indian dish. You can serve this with a chili sauce or a yogurt mint sauce, or even on their own, this vegetable pakora recipe will not disappoint!
- 1 cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 head cauliflower OR a few parboiled potatoes OR another vegetable of your choice
1. Mix in a large bowl the chickpea flour, salt, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, garlic and chili powder.
2. Form a little pit in the middle of the large bowl of flour and spices.
3. Pour the water into the pit that you formed and mix until it is well blended.
4. Heat a pan of oil to 375 degrees.
5. Dip the cauliflower, potatoes or other vegetable into the batter mix and fry in the pan of oil for 5 minutes until brown like in the photo above.